Local LO build on Raspberry pi 4b doesn't launch

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Fri Feb 19 19:23:10 UTC 2021

Hi,

(somehow those mails don't appear in my mails, so I answer to a mail
from Stephan ..)

Am 15.02.21 um 10:21 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
> On 14/02/2021 17:08, julien2412 wrote:
>> I tried to build master sources on Raspberry pi 4b and finally succeeded
>> (after several patches).

With gcc it just works (well, in 7.0.4 without your patches), maybe with
warnings, but it starts and passes the tests...

https://ci.debian.net/packages/libr/libreoffice/

look for armhf and for testing.

(arm64 doesn't work due to infrastructural problems.)

Did't try master with your changes apparently only needed to cater for
clang.

What also might be: is raspberry pi os still lowering the optimization
to armv6 to cater for rpi1 whereas any newer model can just run armv7
(armhf) or even arm64 just fine (and doesn't need a custom raspbian at
all.)?

>> I used this autogen.input:
>> CC=clang
>> CXX=clang++

Does that also happen with gcc?

There's also clang-builds just crashing in (unit) tests badly on amd64,
so I wouldn't count builds with clang as reliable.

And PLEASE don't write "Raspberry pi" here, one also doesn't write "HP
ProBook" or "Acer whatever" if one means an amd64 laptop or whatever
fancy stationary PC model when one means some amd64 machine. :)

Regards,

Rene