Local LO build on Raspberry pi 4b doesn't launch

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 19 21:18:42 UTC 2021

Rene Engelhard wrote
> With gcc it just works (well, in 7.0.4 without your patches), maybe with
> warnings, but it starts and passes the tests...

Ok I 'll give it a try.

Rene Engelhard wrote
> And PLEASE don't write "Raspberry pi" here, one also doesn't write "HP
> ProBook" or "Acer whatever" if one means an amd64 laptop or whatever
> fancy stationary PC model when one means some amd64 machine. :)

I must recognize I'm a bit lost in Arm processor world.
You talked about arm64 armhf, armv6, armv7, naively I thought about arm 32
bits and arm 64 bits, I should read more about this arm.

So instead of making free advertisement, perhaps ARM Cortex-A72 would be
better? (or perhaps this time  it'll be considered as Cortex ad).

Finally I just discovered that Raspbian was based on Debian and 32 bits
only, the 64 bits version will be renamed RaspberryOS and not based on
Debian (what a pity). Also I discovered this page
https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi quoting some issues.
I've been offered this card and thought hardware was more open source but it
seems it's not the case and Arm is less standardized than x86 (for example
to list devices).
Anyway, I'm now completely off topic I suppose so I'll stop here.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html