How to create a lockedCanvas in MSWord?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Tue Jul 27 06:56:10 UTC 2021

Hi Regina,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 02:21:51AM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> does someone know, how to create a document in MSWord, which uses a
> lockedCanvas? Or is that only possible via macro? It would be good to be
> able to generate own test documents.

My understanding is that lockedCanvas is a workaround, because the
drawingML impl in PowerPoint 2007 was ready but not in Word 2007. So
when you copy a set of shapes from PowerPoint to Word in that version,
Word can render but not edit those shapes, locking them down.

I think 2010 and newer versions don't have this behavior anymore, but
the lockedCanvas element is now with us forever.

I attach a sample I just created this way in MSO 2007.

Regards,

Miklos