Build Failure on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed after distro upgrade: `NSSUTIL_3.59' not found

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 10:54:58 UTC 2021

On 17/06/2021 11:41, Michael Stahl wrote:
> ... perhaps like this: first JVM loads /usr/lib64/libnss3.so via
> nssLibraryDirectory, then some LO library is loaded that is linked to
> libnss3util.so and finds program/libnssutil3.so via RPATH, then JVM
> loads libnss3util.so but since a shared object with that name is already
> loaded it's a no-op.

...or, more likely, first some LO library caused the LO
program/libnss3util.so to be loaded, and then the JVM loaded
/usr/lib64/libnss3.so, which likely has a DT_NEEDED of libnss3util.so
(at least my nss-3.65.0-1.fc34.x86_64 does) and, as you already
concluded, happily picks up the wrong, already loaded program/libnss3util.so