First-time build error

Alan Frank alan at 8wheels.org
Tue Mar 2 01:15:05 UTC 2021

Thanks--that did the trick.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: First-time build error
Date: 25.02.2021 22:53
 From: W T <winstontjong at gmail.com>
To: Alan Frank <alan at 8wheels.org>

Hi Alan,

I'm relatively new as well and had the same problem a few weeks ago.
In my case, Al.exe is part of .NET Framework 4.8 SDK.
So I solved the problem by going back to the Visual Studio Installer
and modifying the installation
to include .NET Framework 4.8 SDK.  I chose this because it was the
latest version available on my installer.
Also, be sure to include Windows Universal C Runtime.

I found out that when I chose "Desktop development with C++" workload,
.NET Framework 4.8 SDK
and Windows Universal C Runtime were not included. You can go to the
"Individual components" tab in
the "Modifying" window and select them manually.

Hope this helps.

Winston Tjong