License statement as a prerequisite for gerrit account

Samuel Mehrbrodt s.mehrbrodt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:37:57 UTC 2021

> Personally, I would think the most efficient thing would be to just
> have it be a checkbox on the account registration screen. Similar to
> the "I agree to the terms and conditions" statement that everyone just
> acknowledges without reading on any other website.

Note that Gerrit already has such a feature:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-cla.html

If we still want to keep the license statements on the Mailing List, we
could use the Gerrit Contributor agreement feature with the agreement
saying "I sent my license statement to the mailing list". This way we
have some automated check in gerrit, and still have the license
statements on the public Mailing List.

Regards
Samuel