sigma symbol tailoring

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 10:36:46 UTC 2021

Hi,

Can anyone give me some pointers as to where the code behind the sigma
drop down button is located?

Using the 7 series has a few frustrations (like traditional old excel
shortcut keys missing) but the main irritation is the sigma button that
you used to be a simple single click to quickly and easily to get a sum
of cells now has a dropdown and you have to select Sum (from a list of
Sum, Average, Min, Max, Count). I can see the benefit of this for some
sometimes, but not at the detriment of quick and easy summation. Ideally
this should be configurable for user choice, and the utopic would be if
you click the part of the button with sigma symbol it would act as
before just do the summation and if you click on the downward pointing
chevron you get the drop down. Obviously that would necessitate two
buttons not one, but it would be far more effecient I suspect for a lot
of people.

K.