FYI: ccache for MSVC/Windows

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Wed Nov 17 17:32:57 UTC 2021

 Hello,

 current master now can build also Windows builds using ccache. MSVC support
in ccache is a work in progress and so currently it's necessary to use a
patched ccache, either from [1] or get a binary from [2]. You can put it
in /opt/lo/bin and configure should find it.

 It doesn't help as much as on Linux due to generally worse Windows build
performance, but it still can help.

 Given that AFAIK Windows bots are now the Jenkins bottleneck, I suppose it
could help there too, but I'll leave it to the admins to decide when it's a
good idea to use a random WIP patched ccache.

[1] https://github.com/llunak/ccache/tree/msvc
[2] https://people.collabora.com/~llunak/download/ccache.exe

--
 Luboš Luňák