How to export 'Octagon Bevel' and 'Diamond Bevel' to OOXML

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Apr 13 06:41:45 UTC 2022

Hi Regina,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 02:08:47PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> I have created a similar shape in OOXML including handle and guides, see
> attachment. The handle is correct in PowerPoint, but our import of
> <custGeom> doesn't get the handle correctly.
> And saving then to pptx again, will loose the handle because then it is not
> known, that the shape comes from our preset and the general export methods
> for ooxml-non-primitive are used, which cannot export handles at all.
> Export handles for 'Octagon Bevel' and 'Diamond Bevel' nevertheless? Or
> export them with guides (needed in PP for text area rectangle) and shading,
> but without handles?

Hmm, that's an interesting trade-off. :-)

If I understand correctly, you need guides to be able to render
unchanged text at the correct text area rectangle. And you need handles
to be able to edit the shape easily. If we have to choose between
correct rendering and easy editing, I would go for correct rendering of
the unchanged shape.

Regards,

Miklos