How to export 'Octagon Bevel' and 'Diamond Bevel' to OOXML

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Apr 21 14:31:21 UTC 2022

Hi Regina,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 01:32:23AM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> The appearance we currently get (without any patch) cannot be exported to
> OOXML, if we want, that it remains to be a shape. And when reopening the
> file the shape will have different shading than before saving, if we not
> change 'Octagon Bevel' and 'Diamond Bevel' to an OOXML-compatible shape at
> the same time.
>
> The alternative would be to export the shape not as a shape but as an image.
> For what purpose are these bevel-shapes used? Likely for giving a frame to a
> text. And then text and background should be still editable after roundtrip.
> That is my opinion. So for me export as image would be the worse solution.

I agree that exporting it as an image sounds quite poor.

Perhaps just making sure that these problematic shape presets are not on
the UI (so the average user don't insert them) & living with the fact
that you can't do a perfect export of these to OOXML is good enough.

Anyhow, thanks for looking into this problem.

Regards,

Miklos