tdf#140286 - CALC formula =INFO("OSVERSION") gives wrong output

Kohei Yoshida kohei at libreoffice.org
Thu Jan 13 15:57:01 UTC 2022

On 13.01.2022 10:38, Chris Sherlock wrote:

> That’s my take also. But apparently, it isn’t important on Linux so we
> shouldn’t change it. Because no-one uses Excel on Linux, therefore
> they would never use this function if they use Linux.

I wasn't there obviously so I don't know the nuance of the discussion.
But the fact that nobody uses Excel on Linux means we have a bit of
freedom to decide what to return there since we are not bound by the
compatibility concerns, rather than just declaring "we shouldn't change
it".  That'd be my take.

Of course, I don't have a skin in the game, so I'll leave the final
decision to whoever is more appropriate.

Kohei