About removing Beanshell/Javascript (Rhino) ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 13:39:35 UTC 2022

On 24/01/2022 10:00, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> FWIW, I find this Java REPL thingit very useful (is it called Groovy?)
> for rapid prototyping of Java code. There's a (very basic) editor for
> that buried in the macro dialog.

You mean the BeanShell scripting, with an editor window (with a "Run"
button) via "Tools - Macros - Organize Macros - BeanShell... - Edit"?
Removal of which is what this thread is about.

> Whether that's something that needs to remain in core, or can be just
> shunted into an extension, I've got no strong opinions on.

Someone would need to create such an extension, then.  (Assuming that
it's actually possible to provide such scripting backends through
extensions, but I strongly assume it is.)