About removing Beanshell/Javascript (Rhino) ?

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Thu Jan 27 15:01:52 UTC 2022

Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> You mean the BeanShell scripting, with an editor window (with a
> "Run" button) via "Tools - Macros - Organize Macros - BeanShell... -
> Edit"?  Removal of which is what this thread is about.

Aye.

> Someone would need to create such an extension, then.  (Assuming
> that it's actually possible to provide such scripting backends
> through extensions, but I strongly assume it is.)

Right. I mean, removing the stuff is also work, that someone's gotta
do.

It's possible that its not worth it; what I would still suggest is to
look at the area (developer/power user/automation stories) a bit more
holistically. Beyond Basic, our dev story for integrating & scripting
is not great, and it ain't getting better by removing options.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten