Unable to compile LibreOffice 7.3. Stuck at harfbuzz error messages

dreamnext at gmail.com dreamnext at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:47:46 UTC 2022

Hello all!

I have been able to compile LibreOffice for 32-bit since two and a half
years ago, so I believe I have a suitable development environment to do
that in all these years.

However, with LibreOffice version 7.3, compilation halts with this error:

[ECH] CustomTarget/instsetoo_native/setup/setuprc

fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

[ECH] CustomTarget/instsetoo_native/setup/versionrc

fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

[LOC] top level modules: libreoffice

/home/linux/Downloads/libreoffice-7.3.0.3/workdir/UnpackedTarball/harfbuzz/src/.libs/libharfbuzz.a(libharfbuzz_la-hb-graphite2.o):
In function `_hb_graphite2_shaper_face_data_create':

/home/linux/Downloads/libreoffice-7.3.0.3/workdir/UnpackedTarball/harfbuzz/src/hb-graphite2.cc:132:
undefined reference to `gr_make_face_with_ops'

/home/linux/Downloads/libreoffice-7.3.0.3/workdir/UnpackedTarball/harfbuzz/src/.libs/libharfbuzz.a(libharfbuzz_la-hb-graphite2.o):
In function `_hb_graphite2_shaper_face_data_destroy':

And a lot more error messages related to harfbuzz.

Does anybody know what’s going on and how to solve this issue?(Yes,
libharfbuzz-dev is installed, as always).

Thanks in advance!