How to clone/commit/push (for 'buildbot' repo) ?

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:20:28 UTC 2022

Hi,

I made some modifications to the lcov report script (and the accompanying
README) in the buildbot repo, but I am having problems with putting the
modified version up for review. I am probably doing things the wrong way,
so perhaps it's best if I just show what I am doing here. I saw a few
different ways on the libreoffice website to clone the buildbot repo, but
the one I am (currently) trying because I think it's the correct one, I got
from : 'https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/admin/repos/buildbot,general'. I
just added a few '-vvv' to the scp command for debugging).

$ git clone "ssh://mhoes@gerrit.libreoffice.org:29418/buildbot" && scp -vvv
-p -P 29418 mhoes at gerrit.libreoffice.org:hooks/commit-msg
"buildbot/.git/hooks/"
< --- snip --- >

debug3: Ignored env BASH_FUNC_which%%
debug3: Ignored env OLDPWD
debug3: Ignored env _
debug1: Sending subsystem: sftp
debug2: channel 0: request subsystem confirm 1
debug3: send packet: type 98
debug2: channel_input_open_confirmation: channel 0: callback done
debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 2097152 rmax 32768
debug3: receive packet: type 100
debug2: channel_input_status_confirm: type 100 id 0
subsystem request failed on channel 0
scp: Connection closed

I checked my pub key, and it matches what's shown at : '
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/settings/' for my profile.

What I think I see happening is that the client is trying to force 'sftp'
when the scp command is used, and the server is not having it ? Or perhaps
I am simply using the wrong command to clone the repo and set it up for
commiting / putting things up for review ?

For what it's worth: when I go to my cloned 'core' repo, and run
'./logerrit test', I get the message 'Your gerrit setup was successful!'.

In case it matters, I am running Fedora 36 and openssh-8.8p1.

Any and all help is appreciated,

- Maarten

PS: What I think I need to do after a successful clone of the buildbot
repo, would be something along the lines of this : ?

cd buildbot/lcov-report/
git checkout -b lcov-report
cp ~/bin/libreoffice/README ~/bin/libreoffice/lcov-report.sh .
git add README lcov-report.sh
git commit
git push origin lcov-report:refs/for/master