How to clone/commit/push (for 'buildbot' repo) ?

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:47:36 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 4:20 PM Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I think I see happening is that the client is trying to force 'sftp'
> when the scp command is used, and the server is not having it ? Or perhaps
> I am simply using the wrong command to clone the repo and set it up for
> commiting / putting things up for review ?

Hrm.

I did some more googling, and came across scp's '-O' switch, which as
described in the man page :

"
-O      Use the original SCP protocol for file transfers instead of the
SFTP protocol.  Forcing the use of the SCP protocol may be necessary for
servers that do not implement SFTP, for backwards-compatibility for
particular filename wildcard patterns and for expanding paths with a ‘~’
prefix for older
             SFTP servers.
"

And if I add that to the scp commandline, it all works as expected, and I
was able to put my changes up for review in gerrit, doing the following, as
I mentioned in my earlier email :

> cd buildbot/lcov-report/
> git checkout -b lcov-report
> cp ~/bin/libreoffice/README ~/bin/libreoffice/lcov-report.sh .
> git add README lcov-report.sh
> git commit
> git push origin lcov-report:refs/for/master

But perhaps someone should look at this for a more structural solution ?

- Maarten