Accessing main window menus during C++ test run

Colomban Wendling cwendling at hypra.fr
Thu Jun 16 09:55:47 UTC 2022

Hello,

Le 26/05/2022 à 10:11, Xisco Fauli a écrit :
> The UItest framework [1] uses UNO commands to interact with the UI.
> However, Markus also evaluated the accessibility approach when he
> implemented it. You can read more in
> https://mmohrhard.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/ui-testing-in-libreoffice/. I
> hope it helps.

While as mentioned previously the article didn't really help, I just
went ahead and tried to exercise the UITest setup for accessing the
accessibility tree.

And a little unexpectedly, I there could access all UI elements through
the accessibility interfaces just as I was trying to in C++.  Does
anybody know why this works there, and not in my CppUnit tests?
Anything I should set up differently, await, or else?

Attached is a small UITest that shows there is everything, and
especially all menu items.  Now my goal is to get comparable results in
CppUnit.

Thanks in advance,
Colomban