Accessing main window menus during C++ test run

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Jun 16 10:13:34 UTC 2022

Hi Colomban,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 11:55:47AM +0200, Colomban Wendling <cwendling at hypra.fr> wrote:
> While as mentioned previously the article didn't really help, I just went
> ahead and tried to exercise the UITest setup for accessing the accessibility
> tree.
>
> And a little unexpectedly, I there could access all UI elements through the
> accessibility interfaces just as I was trying to in C++.  Does anybody know
> why this works there, and not in my CppUnit tests? Anything I should set up
> differently, await, or else?
>
> Attached is a small UITest that shows there is everything, and especially
> all menu items.  Now my goal is to get comparable results in CppUnit.

I think the root of the difference is that UITests are out of process:
they start a soffice.bin process (with SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=svp, so it's
not visible) and then remote-control it.

Most of our cppunit tests run in-process, using --headless, so if there
would be any dialogs popping up, we would instantly cancel them.

Perhaps you can look at CppunitTest_smoketest, which seems to be a
cppunit test that actually spawns a soffice process?

Regards,

Miklos