How to write OOXML attribute 'vert' of <bodyPr> element to ODF?

Mark Hung marklh9 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:04:29 UTC 2022

Hi Regina,

> >     My idea is to introduce a new loext:text-direction attribute of the
> >     <draw:enhanced-geometry> element, which can carry each of the values
> of
> >     the OOXML attribute 'vert'. "Each" needs to be discussed, perhaps
> >     better
> >     to exclude values eaVert and mongolianVert, which in fact are writing
> >     modes TB_RL and TB_LR. Possible values would be ("eaVert"), "horz",
> >     ("mongolianVert"), "vert", "vert270", "wordArtVert" and
> >     "wordArtVertRtl".
>
> Both "eaVert" and "mongolianVert" are not pure geometrical, but consider
> east asian scripts, so that such characters are excluded from the rotation.

> > It seems to me that:
> > - horz, vert, vert270 are effectively horizontal (LR_TB or RL_TB) with
> > different rotation angles.
>
> Yes. That makes it possible to render "vert" and "vert270" by
> incorporating the "TextPreRotateAngle" into aTextBoxMatrix in
>
> https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/sdr/contact/viewcontactofsdrobjcustomshape.cxx?r=b739bdab#160

I found that I was confused with the name "loext:text-direction", and
connected it to writing-mode.
In different context direction may mean writing direction in Bidi text, as
in [1].
Is that new  "loext:text-direction" attribute only intended to rotate text
for RL_TB writing mode?
( wordArtVert and wordArtVertRtl should also be excluded in that case? )

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Attribute/direction
--
Mark Hung