How to write OOXML attribute 'vert' of <bodyPr> element to ODF?

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Jun 19 23:05:20 UTC 2022

Hi Mark,

Mark Hung schrieb am 19.06.2022 um 03:04:
[..]

> I found that I was confused with the name "loext:text-direction", and
> connected it to writing-mode. > In different context direction may mean writing direction in Bidi text,
> as in [1].

You are right, the name is indeed misleading, probably
"loext:text-vertical" is better?

> Is that new "loext:text-direction" attribute only intended to rotate
> text for RL_TB writing mode?
> ( wordArtVert and wordArtVertRtl should also be excluded in that case? )

"wordArtVer" and "wordArtVertRtl" would be included in principle. But
both are not yet implemented.

I am not sure if I should go this way at all. My knowledge is enough to
extend the "extended-geometry" with an additional attribute for "vert"
and "vert270". And it can be extended to the values "wordArtVert" and
"wordArtVertRtl" if that is implemented. However, another option would
be to enable the text in shapes to use WritingMode2 and extend its
values similar to the current loext:writing-mode="bt-lr". This looks
better to me for future development. Only I certainly need help for the
implementation.

Kind regards,
Regina