Store properties of OOXML 3D-shapes in ODF

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Mar 10 08:01:12 UTC 2022

Hi Regina,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 04:17:57PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> I have started a discussion in the ODF TC how ODF could be enhanced to be
> able to store properties which are needed to render OOXML 3D-shapes (I mean
> the normal shapes in 3D-mode, not the new "3D Model" of MS Office). I have
> collected all the problems I see in the attached document.
>
> If you have ideas how to solve the problems or if you see further problems,
> please tell me.
>
> Currently we put most of the information in an InteropGrabBag. I started the
> discussion in the ODF TC because I think we need to know the target before
> we start an actual import.

Thanks. Yes, we should get rid of the InteropGrabBag for 3D properties
in the long run and implement them natively, including rendering.

I think your document makes sense. Perhaps thinking about the markup for
3D rotation of custom shapes (2.4 in your document) would be good,
that's a quite frequent feature, and it's no clear how to represent that
in ODF. I mean OOXML markup like:

          <a:scene3d>
            <a:camera ...>
              <a:rot lat="..." lon="..." rev="..."/>
            </a:camera>
          </a:scene3d>

In any case, once somebody will have time to implement these, it'll be
useful to have a proposal how to represent the feature in ODF.

Regards,

Miklos