Hi (Formats supported by LibreOffice).

A amit.general.misc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:52:43 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 23 March 2022, Michael Weghorn <m.weghorn at posteo.de> wrote:

> On 23/03/2022 06.23, Amit Amit wrote:
>
>> I was thinking that why does LibreOffice support document formats other
>> than that of Microsoft Office?
>>

> You might be interested in Italo's FOSDEM talk:
> https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/event/lotech_odfbetterthanooxml/

ODF might be better but not many people are using it and I don't think this
is going to change because Microsoft Windows is on about 90% of all
personal computer systems.

Almost all companies and almost all governments use Microsoft Office or
compatible software.

Most of the people use Microsoft Office and compatible software so, in my
opinion, LibreOffice should put all its resources in developing Microsoft
Office compatible software only.

Regards,
Amit