Hi (Formats supported by LibreOffice).

A amit.general.misc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 06:18:36 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 23 March 2022, Mike Kaganski <mikekaganski at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 23.03.2022 8:23, Amit Amit wrote:
>
>> I was thinking that why does LibreOffice support document formats other
>> than that of Microsoft Office?
>>
>> Windows run on around 90% of personal computers in this world.
>>

> In your message, you downgraded LibreOffice project into:
> 1. "Let us create something to attract users";
> 2. "Let us implement others' ideas".

If it is not ethical towards MS then why is LibreOffice developing MS
Office compatible software at all?

Right now, LibreOffice is neither perfect in MS Office compatibility nor in
ODF format.

I don't understand what is the goal of LO?

In my opinion, one should be best/perfect in what one is doing but LO is
pursuing two goals and is not very good in both.

LO should focus entirely on only one thing (MS Office or ODF) so that it
can do it perfectly and make users happy and satisfied.

2. "Let us implement others' ideas".

So, why is LO developing MS Office compatible software at all?

Regards,
Amit