Compiling LO for lcov/gcov code coverage fails (gb_GCOV=YES)

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:19:27 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 3:00 PM Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess that 'git bisect run' considers things a 'success' if the build
> succeeds (zero exit code), and a 'failure' if the build fails (non zero
> exit code). Duh. But I don't get the impression that it matters to git what
> it exactly was that made the build fail ?  I mean, what if there were
> multiple build breakages between 'good commit' and 'bad commit', but you
> are only looking for a specific failure (gcov related), and not possible
> others that also broke the build ?

Ah. Reading back this particular bit, it seems I misunderstood at least
this part. It doesn't matter what it was that broke the build (gcov related
or not), because build breakage is not what you are looking for: what you
are looking for is the last build that succeeded when building with gcov.
Still, I guess it would speed up the process if you could make a subtarget
from an otherwise clean build. Sorry for this part.

- Maarten