ESC meeting minutes: 2022-05-26

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun May 29 18:40:10 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-05-29 at 07:35 +0000, Michael Weghorn wrote:
> Does it make sense to add the topics already mentioned on board-
> discuss in the discussion around TDF-internal developers?
> * RTL/CTL: meta bug tdf#43808
> * CJK: meta bug tdf#83066
> * a11y: meta bug tdf#101912, and "accessibility" keyword
> * Base, with meta bug tdf#120062 and some more additional information
> in [2], [3], [4], [5], [6]
>
> I'm a bit hesitant to add all of those with my own name next to them,
> because I can't be of much help when it comes to those, except for
> a11y maybe.

Yeah, IMO it does. I think what we want is a level higher than the very
detailed meta-bug level but a level a step more detailed than say, "RTL
needs work" to see what are the stalled areas.

For base I've added in the two main issues of hsqldb to firebird
replacement and migration, and the java-based report generator. I've
mostly copy and pasted Alex's thoughts in there. (@alex feel free to
add in other big ticket failings)