Proposition for LibreOfiice

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Mon Apr 17 14:09:11 UTC 2023

On 17/04/2023 14:15, Zetanos wrote:
> It is a petty for such a wonderful program to have these serious lacks,
> because the importance of LibreOffice in academic production is not to
> be disconsidered even if LaTeX and other alternatives exists.
> LibreOffice is largely superior in structuring documents, TOC, footnotes
> than commercial alternatives, and it is WYSIWYG. I don't think I am the
> only one who shares this view.

I don't :-)

Imho WordPerfect knocks pretty much everything else into a cocked hat,
though the Corel rewrite at v9 did a LOT of damage. v6 or v8 would be my
preference.

But does LO not have the ability to place the image at a fixed point on
the page? And then let the text flow round it? Coupled with a forced
page-break to prevent text flowing too far ...

But I won't ramble any further here. This is the dev list (which is I
suspect why you've posted here - you think it's an enhancement). I
suspect LO actually can do what you want, it's just working out how, so
you're probably better off posting on the user list.

Cheers,
Wol