Using SVG module from Skia

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 10:17:52 UTC 2023

Hi Hossein,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 6:12 PM Hossein Nourikhah <hossein at libreoffice.org>
wrote:

> Theoretically, If we convert the document to PDF using Skia/PDF backend,
> and before that, convert the embedded SVG files to the Skia vector
> representation, then it may be possible to bypass the drawinglayer, and
> create a document consisting of SVG files (and not only the SVG files
> separately) to PDF, and have the embedded SVG files as vector in the
> output, not as bitmap.

But that now means not only changing SVG import but also our PDF export to
Skia, and then there is also EMF / WMF export, which are needed in some
cases.
Converting from Skia internal vector representation to drawinglayer
primitives would be easier - but then probably we also lose the
benefits...

I think improving svgio fidelity isn't all that hard to do and surely we
can improve performance too considering that we didn't do any performance
work yet.

Regards,
> Hossein

Regards, Tomaž