Bringing theme colors to ODF

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Mar 28 20:09:36 UTC 2023

Hi Tomaž.

Tomaž Vajngerl schrieb am 25.03.2023 um 11:10:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 6:57 AM Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de
> <mailto:rb.henschel at t-online.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Tomaž, hi all,
>
>     I have started with creating a proposal to extend ODF with theme
>     colors.
>     The first draft is attached.
>
>     Tomaž, could you please look whether it fits to what you have intended.
>

> Yes, looks fine on a quick glance but maybe renaming some things would
> make sense. Mainly the "color-table" would probably be better as
> "color-scheme" or something like that, as this is more in-line with
> OOXML terminology and we don't need to deviate from that just for the
> sake of it

I have an additional question about this.
OOXML has file theme1.xml It has
   <a:themeElements xmlns:a="..." name="Office Theme">

That could become in ODF an element
   <draw:theme draw:theme-class="Office Theme">

The OOXMML has the child elemnts e.g.
   <a:clrScheme name="Regina"> ...
   <a:fontScheme name="Office Theme">...
   <a:fmtScheme name="Office Theme"> ...

Will all three become a child element of a new <draw:theme> element in ODF?

[The namespace in <draw:theme> is not clear yet, might be <style:theme>
as well. It is loext anyway now.]

> OTOH it probably makes sense to rename dk1, lt1, dk2, lt2, hlink,
> folHlink to the full names dark1, light1, ... , hyperlink,
> followed-hyperlink - which is inline with ODF style to not to abbreviate
> things. I planned to do that change but other things have priority
> currently.

Yes other things are more important, especially UI. I had a talk with
Heiko about that at the German Community Meeting last weekend. Please
contact him.

And some bugs have to be fixed.

Kind regards,
Regina