Libreoffice 7.6 code checkout from https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bundles

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Sat May 13 10:27:36 UTC 2023

On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 12:13 AM Alex <taosubmarines at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi everyone
> Does the 07-May-2023 release of 7 codepacks from https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bundles
> contain the code to check out and compile lo7.6 alpha 1 build,

No, tagging of alpha1 happened on May 11
But the checkout created from those bundles can easily be updated with
the remaining changes.

> offline and self-sufficient?

Depends on your definition of self-sufficient. Depending on your build
configuration different external libraries are built, and the sources
for those would be downloaded during a make fetch stage.

> Debian 32 and 64bit

Yes for that, the sources are the same for all platforms.

> How do I ‘checkout’ the exact alpha release from what i assume is a more generic codebase in the above bundles.

You just use ./g fetch --tags to update the checkout with the latest
changes and more specifically tell git to also fetch the remote tags.
Then you can checkout the libreoffice-7.6.0.0.alpha1 tag.

ciao
Christian