GSoC'23 - Improving PGP/GPG Encryption Support in LibreOffice (TokieSan)

Ahmed Gamal Eltokhy eltokhy at aucegypt.edu
Sun May 14 03:07:17 UTC 2023

Hello everyone!

This is Tokhy. I am currently a Mathematics and Computer Engineering
student and FOSS enthusiast. I am delighted and thrilled to share that I
will be
working with LibreOffice this summer on the "Improving PGP/GPG Encryption
Support in LibreOffice" project under the guidance of Thorsten Behrens and
Heiko Tietze.

The project aims to enhance the experimental PGP/GPG encryption support in
LibreOffice by addressing several shortcomings, such as the need to select
recipients anew for every save and the difficulty in finding the right
keys. The
project will also focus on developing smart searching, traversing, and
filtering
capabilities for large keyrings, as well as adding asynchronous querying
for
improved performance.

I am thrilled to be working on this project, and I am grateful to have the
opportunity to contribute to the LibreOffice community. I would like to
take this
opportunity to thank all the mentors and the LibreOffice organization for
giving
me this opportunity.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or
suggestions
related to the project. I look forward to working with you all.

Best regards,
Tokhy