RTF import bug & info

Al a.d.schapira at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:52:28 UTC 2024

On Mon, 2024-08-12 at 16:18 -0400, Al Schapira wrote:
> With reference to libreoffice bug 162342 ("RTF input fails to honor
> \marg[lrtb]N commands when a \page command is added")

> On Tue, 2024-08-13 at 10:44 +0500, Mike Kaganski wrote:
> Regarding import, you may start at the heart of RTF keyword dispatch
> method, RTFTokenizer::dispatchKeyword:
> https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/writerfilter/rtftok/rtftokenizer.cxx?r=246ef0b8#261

Thanks for the pointer, Mike.  I think this is way too deep to be
relevant to the afore mentioned bug.  The problem rtf file renders
correctly in libreoffice 7.3.7.2 under windows 10.0, but fails to
render margins correctly in LibreOffice 7.6.7.2 60(Build:2) in fedora
39 & 40.

So what in rtf import code might differ between these environments?
Where should I look for OS dependencies that might affect rtf import?

Thanks.
	--Al