Help with XImplementationLoader for .NET Bindings

Stephan Bergmann stephan.bergmann at allotropia.de
Wed Aug 28 07:38:18 UTC 2024

On 8/27/24 17:56, Ritobroto Mukherjee wrote:
> Based on my current understanding, the steps involved are:
> 1. Adding an IDL file for com.sun.star.loader.Dotnet.
> 2. Creating a C++ implementation of css.loader.Dotnet in the stoc/
> module along with a .component file, similar to stoc/source/javaloader.
> 3. Modifying dp_component.cxx and dp_package.cxx in the desktop/ module
> to support css.loader.Dotnet (I believe this is for .oxt support?).

yes, the above is for .oxt support

> 4. Adding css.loader.Dotnet support to cpputools/source/unoexe.cxx for
> the UNO executable runner.
>
> Could you please let me know if these steps are sufficient? Are there
> any additional changes that need to be made?

I don't remember the details myself either, but yeah, the most important
thing would be step (2) above, to have a
css.loader.XImplementationLoader implementation (and to put the code
somewhere in stoc sounds like a good idea), with a corresponding
.component file similar to the
stoc/source/javaloader/javaloader.component one, but just a single
`<service name="com.sun.star.loader.Dotnet"/>` entry.

Then, it should work to have other .component files (for components
implemented in .Net) to use `<component
loader="com.sun.star.loader.Dotnet" ...`.

All the other points above are of secondary relevance (point (3) being
perhaps the most important of them, as otherwise extensions couldn't
bring along components implemented in .Net, I think).