"Could not find DWO CU" when collecting gdbtrace

Stéphane Guillou stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Sat Jun 1 04:57:16 UTC 2024

On 31/5/24 16:17, Stéphane Guillou wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been getting a lot of "Could not find DWO CU" when trying to
> get backtraces with gdb 12.1 on Ubuntu 22.04, using the TDF *-dbg
> builds from https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/current.html
>
> When gdb starts:
>
> warning: Could not find DWO CU
> /home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/tb/build_master/workdir/CObject/desktop/source/app/main.dwo(0x60838a0c9665b61c)
> referenced by CU at offset 0x0 [in module
> /home/stragu/lodev/lodbg/program/soffice.bin]
>
> And a sample gdbtrace.log at: https://pastebin.com/GgjZqe49
>
> Any idea? Will try with my own --enable-symbols build next.

No issue with a local --enable-symbols build. Trace has not warning
about DWOs not found.

https://pastebin.com/FPL9gvnu

What's the difference with the daily TDF dbg builds?

--
Stéphane Guillou
Quality Assurance Analyst | The Document Foundation

Email: stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Matrix: @stragu:matrix.org
Fediverse: @stragu at mastodon.indie.host
Web: https://stragu.gitlab.io/