assist

Marisane Moruthanyana marisanem at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 17:27:10 UTC 2024

Good day guys

I am of the view that you are all well.

I am trying to cope.

I am a new member of the list.

I trust that I have come to the right list.

I have just installed LibreOffice after being advised to do so.

I am challenged to understand some of its features and the interface in
general.

However, I have, to some extent, established how to navigate its interface.

I am a totally blind guy.

My challenge is to know how to navigate the table.

1. I am struggling. JAWS or NVDA just says blank, blank, blank where it
should be saying table with, for example, two rows and three columns.

What is going on?

Do I need to install screen reader scripts, for example JAWS's or NVDA's?

How do I do that?

Where do I get those?

2. I am also struggling to add font face and size, let alone reading it.

I use JAWS+F or NVDA+F to read the font face and size, but I get nothing.

Each screen reader, depending on which is active, just echoes zero point.

What is going on?

How do I set or add and/or read the font face and size in LibreOffice?

My job is working with material production.

As a result, in my view, I should know how to navigate a table after
creating it.

Further, I should be able to add the font face and size in accordance with
my visually impaired students in order to effectively serve their
educational needs when enlarging their documents.

I use LibreOffice after hours when I am at home as I do not have Ms Office
on my home machine.

It is nearly the same as Word® and that makes my work easier.

I just need to understand how to deal with tables and fonts.

Others will come later as and when a need arises.

Please assist me.

Thank you in advance.

Marisane: SA