GSOC More and Better Tests: Weekly Update

Adam Seskunas adamseskunas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 21:06:37 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

This is my weekly update for More and Better tests. Last week I finished porting framework/qa/complex/XTitle/CheckXTitle.java over to CppUnit. The patch is in Gerrit here
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/168168 <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/168168>

Xisco has noted that, if commit 4355137901e18e24de2ab123fd0454147f1f3890 is reverted, the test fails, which means the test is working as intended. Hopefully having this test in c++ will help anyone in the future who runs into a test failure by making the test easier to understand and easier to debug.

After submitting CheckXTitle to Gerrit, I began working on framework/qa/complex/checkdispatchapi.java. After talking it over with Xisco and Hossein, it was decided to split this test into two Gerrit submissions, one for the database portion and one for everything else in the test suite. The database portion of the test suite had been disabled and the hope is to be able to get it working in CppUnit again. Submitting it separately will allow some time for CI testing while I finish porting the rest of the test suite. As of now, I’m close to getting the first part submitted, I’ve been reading the Developers Guide database documentation and working on importing the database components with a database connection.

After finishing the porting of checkdispatchapi.java, I tentatively plan to start working on framework/qa/complex/api_internal/CheckAPI.java.

Have a good week,
Adam Seskunas