GSOC More and Better Tests: Weekly Update

Adam Seskunas adamseskunas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 23:43:38 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

This is my weekly GSOC update, for week 3. Seems like time is flying by!

Last week I finished porting over some of the tests in framework/qa/complex/dispatches/checkdispatchapi.java. The Gerrit submission can be found here
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/168482 <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/168482>

This patch covers the checkDispatchOfXXX tests, including the three database tests. The database tests and supporting code had been disabled for quite some time, so when the patch gets merged, the tests will hopefully be re-enabled after a long hiatus.

While looking over the submission, Xisco noticed that something funny was happening with the Frames in each test, they aren’t getting closed out by the testing infrastructure. So after being alerted to this, I spent some time working on the issue and have gotten the non-database frames to close, but I’m currently blocked on getting the three database related frames to behave.

Next up, I’ve started working on porting over the last three tests in checkdispatchapi.java, checkInterceptorLifeTime(), checkInterception() and checkDispatchInfoOfBasic/StartModule(). The Interceptor tests have a class of supporting code, located in framework/qa/complex/dispatches/Interceptor.java. I’ve currently got the code for the class ported, but not in a functioning state. If all goes well with the supporting class, the porting of the tests should be done in the next two days.

Next up would be framework/qa/complex/api_internal/CheckAPI.java, and after that I’m going to start working on writing some tests from the Missing Unit tests list.

Cheers,
Adam Seskunas