[GSoC] Comments in Sidebar Deck: Weekly Update

Mohit Marathe mohitmarathe at proton.me
Tue Jun 18 04:47:55 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

I sent this mail a week ago but for some reason it didn't show
up on the mailing list.

Two weeks ago, I implemented thread-view for comments in
sidebar. To create a thread, I iterate through all the `SwPostItField`
(which I collected last week) and get its root comment using
`SwAnnotationWin::GetTopReplyNote`. Then I get all the replies using
`SwPostItMgr::GetNextPostIt`. It also needs to keep track of the all
the root comments so that it doesn't create duplicate threads.

This solution is not "clever" in any way. So if anyone has a better
idea to achieve this, feel free to suggest it.

There was some problem with the formatting of date and time. It was
showing a lot of unnecessary text, then Sarper gave me some pointers
which helped me solve this issue.

I had a chat with my mentor (Sarper) on video call. He gave me
some code pointers, which will help me in implementing an update
mechanism for CommentsPanel.

I have attached the screenshot the current state of the comments panel.
Also, here's the link to the commit(WIP):
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/167840

Thanks,
Mohit