GSOC More and Better Tests: Weekly Update

Adam Seskunas adamseskunas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:09:56 UTC 2024

Hello,

This is my weekly update for my More and Better Tests GSOC project.

After submitting patch https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/169071 <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/169071>, last week and during code review discussions, it was decided that porting over the Customer Relationship Management database located in connectivity/qa/connectivity/tools/CRMDatabase.java would be my next step. Porting the setup of this database to C++ will allow the tests in dbaccess/qa/extras/dataSource.cxx to follow the original java tests as closely as possible. And as mentioned in last weeks email, it will also allow for more database java tests to be ported over to CppUnit.

The first step in this process was completed by Xisco here https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/169274 <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/169274>. This patch allows for a convenient and standardised way to load a database document. The next step is to port over the createTables and createQueries functions from the CRMDatabase.java file to dbtest_access.cxx. Adding these functions to dbtest_access will allow the CRMDatabase to be easily set up and accessed for testing.

After having gotten createTables and creatreQueries ported over to C++, I’ve discovered during testing that, although the code compiles, it isn’t actually working. The SQL isn’t being accepted by the hsql database and the errors were being suppressed. So at the current moment, I’m troubleshooting the the createTables function. As soon as the code is working, the rest of the work on porting the functions is done, so it will be easy to submit the patch.

As mentioned in last weeks email, I also started working on porting over some tests from the Missing Unit test list. I ran into some problems reverting to the correct commits to re produce the bugs. During our weekly meeting, Xisco and Hossein offered some very helpful tips, and I will use these over the upcoming week to hopefully make some progress on writing some Missing Unit tests.

Have a good week,
Adam Seskunas