Compiling nearly every file now compiles sqlbison.cxx and/or sqlflex.cxx

Patrick Luby guibomacdev at gmail.com
Sun May 19 17:22:58 UTC 2024

A couple of weeks ago I started seeing my builds slow down and my build log filled with compiler warnings in sqlbison.cxx and sqlflex.cxx on macOS.

Is anyone else seeing this? I see these warnings even when compiling files in vcl. Seems to me that something in the build is not working right since I see one of these files is recompiled for each and every other C++ file that is compiled.

I understand that all of the warnings are because of the blocks of code generated by yacc and/or lex. My question is why are we recompiling the same to files hundreds (maybe thousands?) of times during a build. Is it is possible that those files are getting accidentally included in a common include file?

Patrick