Compiling nearly every file now compiles sqlbison.cxx and/or sqlflex.cxx

Caolán McNamara caolan.mcnamara at collabora.com
Sun May 19 19:33:55 UTC 2024

On Sun, 2024-05-19 at 13:22 -0400, Patrick Luby wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I started seeing my builds slow down and my
> build log filled with compiler warnings in sqlbison.cxx and
> sqlflex.cxx on macOS.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? I see these warnings even when compiling
> files in vcl. Seems to me that something in the build is not working
> right since I see one of these files is recompiled for each and every
> other C++ file that is compiled.

That seems very odd. Checking a gerrit macos build log like
https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_mac/167726/consoleFull
I just see the expected handful of sqlbison and sqlflex warnings as
those individual files are compiled once.

I can't see any reason why compiling vcl would have any connection to
something in connectivity.

What is your configure line? wondering if there is some
--enable-mergelibs or --enable-pch thing that could be a trigger.