Compiling nearly every file now compiles sqlbison.cxx and/or sqlflex.cxx

Patrick Luby guibomacdev at gmail.com
Sun May 19 20:30:31 UTC 2024

> On May 19, 2024, at 3:33 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolan.mcnamara at collabora.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 2024-05-19 at 13:22 -0400, Patrick Luby wrote:
>> A couple of weeks ago I started seeing my builds slow down and my
>> build log filled with compiler warnings in sqlbison.cxx and
>> sqlflex.cxx on macOS.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this? I see these warnings even when compiling
>> files in vcl. Seems to me that something in the build is not working
>> right since I see one of these files is recompiled for each and every
>> other C++ file that is compiled.
>
> That seems very odd. Checking a gerrit macos build log like
> https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_mac/167726/consoleFull
> I just see the expected handful of sqlbison and sqlflex warnings as
> those individual files are compiled once.
>
> I can't see any reason why compiling vcl would have any connection to
> something in connectivity.
>
> What is your configure line? wondering if there is some
> --enable-mergelibs or --enable-pch thing that could be a trigger.

Maybe. I have neither of those enabled in my local build. But after a full build, I can get this behaviour to occur by the following steps:

cd vcl && touch skia/gdiimpl.cxx && make

And I see. Maybe there is a build tool getting rebuilt?:

/Volumes/LOBuilds/lode/dev/core/workdir/LexTarget/connectivity/source/parse/sqlflex.cxx:6117:14: warning: code will never be executed [-Wunreachable-code]
                                        if ( ! (yy_did_buffer_switch_on_eof) )
                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Volumes/LOBuilds/lode/dev/core/workdir/LexTarget/connectivity/source/parse/sqlflex.cxx:6445:14: warning: code will never be executed [-Wunreachable-code]
                                        if ( ! (yy_did_buffer_switch_on_eof) )
                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/Volumes/LOBuilds/lode/dev/core/workdir/LexTarget/connectivity/source/parse/sqlflex.cxx:6440:5: warning: unannotated fall-through between switch labels [-Wimplicit-fallthrough]
                                case EOB_ACT_END_OF_FILE:
                                ^
/Volumes/LOBuilds/lode/dev/core/workdir/LexTarget/connectivity/source/parse/sqlflex.cxx:6440:5: note: insert '[[fallthrough]];' to silence this warning
                                case EOB_ACT_END_OF_FILE:
                                ^
                                [[fallthrough]];  /Volumes/LOBuilds/lode/dev/core/workdir/LexTarget/connectivity/source/parse/sqlflex.cxx:6440:5: note: insert 'break;' to avoid fall-through
                                case EOB_ACT_END_OF_FILE:
                                ^
                                break;  3 warnings generated.
[DEP] LNK:Library/libvcllo.dylib.d