GSoC Project Introduction: More and Better Tests

Adam Seskunas adamseskunas at gmail.com
Mon May 20 05:19:21 UTC 2024

Hello Everyone,

My name is Adam Seskunas and I'm one of the GSoC contributors for
LibreOffice. My project, as the name suggests, is to write more and better
tests for LibreOffice. In particular, I will be focusing on writing filter
tests for writer.  The project will consist of two main parts, the first of
which will be to convert some JUnit tests to CppUnit, and the second part
will consist of writing missing unit tests.  A more detailed description as
well as a link to the project proposal can be found here
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/myprojects/details/pUU5JIpy

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Hossein and Xisco for agreeing
to mentor me through the project. And I'd like to give a big thanks to
Ilmari for helping me get involved with LibreOffice over the past year and
encouraging me to apply for the GSoC. And last of all, a big thanks to all
of the community members, everyone has been welcoming and friendly, it's
been a very positive experience contributing to LibreOffice.

In the next week I will be working on refining the list of tests I will be
working on and gathering information about each test I plan to work on. In
my next update I hope to have a finalized list of tests to publish.

Adam Seskunas