[Solved] Build of LibreOffice stops with missing aclocal-1.16

Andreas Mantke maand at gmx.de
Thu Sep 12 21:09:46 UTC 2024

Hi all,

Am 12.09.24 um 19:21 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
> Hi all,
>
> with the current patches LibreOffice didn't build on openSUSE 15.6
> anymore. There is an issue with the aclocal inside of harfbuzz. This
> software seemed to be compiled against aclocal-1.16.5.
>
> I got only a version 1.15 listed from the SUSE repos.
>
> The error message that I got from building LibO today:
>
> libreoffice/workdir/UnpackedTarball/harfbuzz/missing: Zeile 81:
> aclocal-1.16: Kommando nicht gefunden.
> WARNING: 'aclocal-1.16' is missing on your system.
>
> Any hints to fix this and get LibO building again.

I found a solution myself. I had to use the system harfbuzz.

I did this by adding:
--with-system-harfbuzz
--with-system-graphite

the autogen.input file.
The latter option is necessary, if you use the system harfbuzz.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate
## Free Online Office (LibreOffice Technology):