[Libva] Testing OpenGL extensions

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Thu Sep 10 21:59:08 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have uploaded a new implementation of my VA/GLX extensions:
<http://splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/libva/libva_0.31.0-1+sds3.tar.gz

libVA now implements the API itself with TFP + FBO if the driver has
no appropriate functions. I have only tested this on AMD and NVIDIA
platforms. Could someone with a working driver for
vaPutSurface(Pixmap,...) please test? Hint: Moorestown platforms. ;-)
Thanks.

Associated demo code is available here:
<http://splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/hwdecode-demos/>

* Testing that vaPutSurface(Pixmap,...) works:
   $ ./vaapi_h264 --readback pixmap

* Testing the vaCopySurfaceGLX() function (default):
   $ ./vaapi_h264 --glx

* Testing the bind functions:
   $ ./vaapi_h264 --glx --vaapi-glx-dont-use-copy

Then, if this works, you may want to try MPlayer/VAAPI:
<http://splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/mplayer-vaapi/>

* For OpenGL rendering:
   $ ./mplayer -vo vaapi:gl -va vaapi <URI>

* For OpenGL rendering with a reflection effect:
   $ ./mplayer -vo vaapi:gl:reflect -va vaapi <URI>

Regards,
Gwenole.