[Libva] vaCreateSurfaceGLX on psb fails (due lack of GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap)

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Fri Feb 12 08:04:27 PST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

> As stated in other threads here vaGetImage and vaDeriveImage also
> DOESN'T work for PSB.

Just to clarify:
- vaGetImage() is supported by *all* drivers but IEGD.
- vaDeriveImage() is not implemented by any VA-API driver.

However, vaGetImage() performance is terribly slow, and is not suitable
for OpenGL rendering, or anything else actually.

> So anyone can tell me how I can render VA Surface together with other
> things out of OpenGL altogether using PSB?

This currently is not possible on Poulsbo. IIRC, the Moorestown drivers
have this capability but it was not backported to the psb branch. And I
doubt Moorestown drivers would work with Poulsbo.

Regards,
Gwenole.