[Libva] vainfo presenting info about optional driver functionality like native GLX support

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Wed Feb 17 15:20:47 PST 2010

Hello,

Currently "vainfo" command presents all stuff we can get anyway calling VA API, so things such available codec profiles etc. Would it be possible to make "vainfo" also present if there is native GLX support (one built into the driver - such as native vaCreateSurfaceGLX) or vaDerieveImage? I know some functions are optional in the driver, but how can we know if there're present.

From my point of view knowledge that certain driver implements GLX functions on its own, so we don't relay on LIBVA wrappers using GLX extensions, guarantees us best performance... but still there's no way to check that, other than debugging (like with gdb) VA driver startup.

I would be grateful if someone (I suppos Gwenole) could tell if it is feasible to implement in "vainfo".

Best regards,
--
Adam | nanoant.com