[Libva] Error in Coded Offset value in encode sample app.

Yuan, Shengquan shengquan.yuan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:48:48 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Sambhav <isambhav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to get the proper encoded content after setting the offset to 16.
>

> When a Surface is created with VA_RT_FORMAT_YUV420 and vaDeriveImage API is
> called on the this surface, it returns fourcc format as VA_FOURCC_NV12. Is
> this the only format supported ?
vaDerivaImage is the way to facilitate surface data accessing for
application. It reflects the real format hardware is using.

> What all YUV formats does encoding acclerators in Moorestown platform
> support ?
Moorestown encode hardware also supports other YUV formats, e.g. I420,
but the driver doesn't export these formats.

> Driver version : GMA500: psb_drv - 5.1.0.32L.0124
> OS               : Moblin 2.1
Yes. This version doesn't program the offset in the coded buffer.

Austin