[Libva] Multiple vaapi context

Varun Dua varundua007 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 02:29:43 PST 2011

Hi

I am working on an application where I am receiving two independent stream
of H.264 encoded frames and I have to decode them using FFmpeg. I create two
FFMpeg context, one for each of the stream. Everything is working fine when
I am using only software decoding, but with using vaapi, The second stream
is not getting decoded. I create seperate context, surfaces and config for
the streams.

I am getting these errors,
[h264 @ 0x826ebc0]hardware accelerator failed to decode picture (in the
function avcodec_decode_video/avcodec_decode_video2)
vdpau_video: WARNING: unknown VdpStatus 3: An invalid handle value was
provided. (in the function vaPutSurface)

Is there a limitation that we can't create more than one vaapi context to
decode.

The same issue comes when I create 3 surfaces for the hardware context using
vaCreateSurfaces and with one encoded stream

Mplayer-Vaapi creates 21 frames and is having the same issue

My Graphics card is Quadro FX 380 with 16 cuda cores

Thanks
Varun