[Libva] [RFC] VA API extension proposals to support encode and post-processing

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 22:42:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/8 Bian, Jonathan <jonathan.bian at intel.com>:
> I also see that we have VAEnc*BufferExtTypes, why can't we alias Ext sequence, picture & slice parameter buffer types to the original types and let the driver determine the actual type through the size parameter?
>
>>> Personally I would prefer not adding the *Ext* types. Will look at whether we can have these dropped.

Yes, I also think they can be dropped in favor of determining the
"Ext" types by buffer size during creation. And then flag them as such
internally. That's also what I did earlier for VA 0.29 compat support.

> I think we can drop the VA_ENUM_MAX definitions since this won't be useful in practise. What are they used for?
>
>>> This is added so that private profiles, entrypoints, attributes, buffer types can be added without colliding with the public ones.

Can't we use negative values for those internal types instead? The
generated code won't be much different aside the offset to the new
values range base.

Thanks,
Gwenole.