[Libva] [RFC] VA API extension proposals to support encode and post-processing

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 22:50:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/8 Bian, Jonathan <jonathan.bian at intel.com>:

> BTW, could we add an entropy_coding_mode_flag to the older API supporting Main profile? It seems the PVR driver can also support CABAC but there is no way to enable it through the API.
>
>>> I don't believe that the existing PVR driver supports CABAC for encoding. Also the set of the tools used by Main profile is largely the same as High profile so it probably makes more sense to have *Ext structure cover both Main and High profiles.

Well, I don't have the specs, but I can see that the PVR driver
maintains an ECMF flag but set by default to zero. :) Anyway, you are
right, main profile would belong more to a high profile structure with
inferred values set or implicitly ignored than to the baseline
profile. The latter supports features not available in the former set.

In this case, I think we could rename the non-Ext structs to
*H264Baseline and the Ext ones to the original names + add size checks
to determine them through a unique buffer id. WDYT?

Regards,
Gwenole.